Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, ASCS will be closed.
Pursuant to Governor Tony Evers announcement on Friday, March 13th, ASCS will be closed for all students starting Monday, March 16, 2020, until further notice.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Families will receive regular email updates.
Things we consider: (similar to KUSD policy)
- Weather warning has been issued?
- Sustained wind chill of -34 or lower?
- Sustained temperature of -20 or lower?
- Heavy accumulation of snow (current or future) especially during typical travel times to
and from school.
- Are streets and sidewalks clear?
- Are buses able to run due to unplowed streets or extreme temps?
- Are driving conditions hazardous?
- Are there power outages?
If school is closed, all after school activities are also cancelled. If KUSD is closed, there is NO BUSING for ASCS. ASCS will follow the decision to close if KUSD closes; however, we reserve the right to close in the event that KUSD remains open.
Communication to parents will be made by:
Option c alert
ASCS FaceBook page
FOX 6, which is also linked to Radio AM920, AM1130, FM 106.1, 97.3, 100.7
Other weather-related guidelines:
- 10 degrees or below, or wind chill factor of 0 degrees or below = Indoor recess and early 7:20 am entrance into school Generally we stick to staying inside when there are ANY single digits.